We make loans to local banks and other intermediaries which subsequently "on-lend" to the final beneficiaries:
- Small-and-medium-sized businesses
- Mid-Cap businesses
- Large businesses
- Local authorities
- National administrations
- Public sector bodies
All intermediated loans must further at least one of our public policy goals:
- Increase in growth and employment potential – including SME and Mid-Cap support
- Economic and social cohesion by addressing economic and social imbalances, promoting the knowledge economy/skills and innovation and linking regional and national transport infrastructure
- Environmental sustainability - including supporting competitive and secure energy supply
- Action for climate-resilient growth
Loan conditions can be flexible in terms of the size, duration, structure etc. Lending decisions remain with the intermediary institutions, which also retain the financial risk of the on-lending. We have no contractual relationship with final beneficiaries. The intermediary must transfer a financial advantage reflecting the impact of our funding. The intermediary has to inform the end-client of this.
How to apply
Clients should contact their local intermediaries for more information. Please click here to find the one most convenient for you.