How to search in the register
Date fields (Publication Date: From, To)
A range of dates can be defined with the date fields "From" and "To". It is possible to choose either the current month ("This month") or a specific date (“month and year”). The following searches are available:
- Default: "From" and "To" not specified returns hits for all documents, without any date restrictions.
- "From" date specified returns hits for documents dated on or after the specified date.
- "To" date specified returns hits for documents dated on or before the specified date.
- "From" and "To" specified returns hits for documents dated between the two dates selected.
- From "October 2006" returns hits for documents dated October 2006 or after.
- To "March 2012" returns hits for documents dated March 2012 or earlier.
- From "October 2006" and To "March 2012" returns hits for documents dated between October 2006 and March 2012.
Text fields (Document Title, Number)
There are three text fields available in the basic and advanced search:
Document Title returns hits for documents that contain the specified words in their title.
- "European" returns hits for documents that contain “European” in their title.
- "European Investment Bank" returns hits for documents that contain the exact sequence "European Investment Bank" in their title.
Document Number: returns hits for documents where the specified number is contained in or is the same as the document number.
- "1234567890" returns hits for documents where "1234567890" is contained in the document number.
Filter: The third text field is on the top right-hand side of the results table and enables multiple words to be inserted (with space separators) matching one or more rows that contain those words, not necessarily in the specified order (this enables matching across multiple columns).
List fields (Language, Main Topic, Document Focus, Sector, Region, Country)
In addition to the text fields described above, you can also specify a particular value from among those available in the list by clicking on the button to the right of the list field (labelled "Language", "Main Topic", "Document Focus", "Sector", "Region" and "Country"). Please note that there might be no results for each particular chosen value.
By default, no language is selected (option "Document language") and the search returns all documents, without any language restrictions. Users may choose to search documents issued in any official EU language. Note, however, that the only documents listed on the results page are those existing in the search language. A search in all languages might give more results.