Combatting fraud and corruption in EIB’s operations
- Release date: 26 April 2017
The European Investment Bank Group (EIB Group) has zero tolerance of fraud and corruption. The Fraud Investigations Division of the Inspectorate General (IG/IN) is an independent office within the EIB Group, created to combat fraud, corruption and other Prohibited Conduct affecting the EIB Group’s operations.
IG/IN aims to protect the EIB Group’s finances and reputation through six core activities:
- Assessment and, where necessary, investigations of allegations
- Policy work, such as advising on the wording of Bank documentation, and giving advice to colleagues throughout the Bank on addressing fraud and corruption-related issues
- Proactive Integrity Reviews (PIRs) to identify actual fraud or potential vulnerabilities
- Fraud awareness training for all EIB Group staff
- Raising awareness of fraud and corruption-related issues in the public and private sectors
- Analysis and information gathering to support the above five activities.