EIB President proposes participation in Investment Plan for Europe
- Release date: 26 November 2014
- Reference: 2014-262-EN
EIB President Werner Hoyer speaking at a press conference at the European Parliament in Strasbourg announced that he will propose to the EIB’s governing bodies to endorse participation in the Investment Plan for Europe.
President Werner Hoyer: “Effective action to stimulate increased investment across Europe is essential to restore economic growth, create jobs and enhance Europe’s competitiveness. Our challenge is to help address the market failure in risk-bearing capacity. We must bridge this investment gap and enable project promoters to attract private finance. We are committed to ensuring that our know-how and experience, in partnership with the Commission, help provide fresh stimulus for the real economy in Europe.”
- View the joint press conference by EC President JC. Juncker, EIB President W. Hoyer and EC Vice President J. Katainen on: http://ec.europa.eu/avservices/video/player.cfm?ref=I095862
- Read "EU launches Investment Plan for growth and jobs"
- Joint Press Release European Commission – EIB: "EU launches Investment Offensive to boost jobs and growth"
Related EC-EIB Factsheets
- Factsheet 1 - Why does the EU need an Investment Plan
- Factsheet 2 - Where does the money come from?
- Factsheet 3 - Where will the money go to?
- Factsheet 4 - Improving the Investment Environment
- Factsheet 5 - What's next? (timeline)
- Report of the Task Force on investment in the EU
- Project list - Part 1
- Project list - Part 2
- Project list - Part 3