Professional and Managerial Job Vacancies
As the Bank of the European Union, we are committed to EU objectives and values. We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. Therefore, we promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff, irrespective of their gender, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
The EIB offers opportunities for professional and managerial jobs at different levels and covering a wide range of professions. We require a University degree and a minimum of three years of previous relevant experience for entry-level positions and five years for more senior professionals.
The EIB seeks talented and motivated professionals in a variety of roles such as:
- Corporate Bankers and Structured Financiers, with experience in origination, credit, risk management, monitoring and/or restructuring
- Lawyers with experience in structured/project finance, debt restructuring, capital markets/ treasury/ derivatives; EU law, and corporate governance
- Economists and engineers with a focus on energy, social or urban development, environment, transportation and other infrastructure areas
- Macroeconomists to engage in research, analysis, and evaluation
- Specialists in Transaction processing, liquidity portfolio management and capital markets.
- Human resources specialists to provide expertise in talent acquisition and retention, organisational effectiveness, and compensation and benefits
The EIB is also looking for talent in our corporate areas, such as, Accounting, Financial Control, Communications, Information Technology, and Translation.
What do we look for in our employees?
- Motivation by the EIB’s mission and goals
- Outstanding academic background
- Thorough training and relevant experience in the relevant field of expertise
- A record of achieving performance/results
- Desire to make a difference
- Commitment to building professional relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
To search for current job opportunities view our Current Vacancies.
If there are no current vacancies for positions suiting your profile, we invite you to visit the site from time to time as new vacancies are posted regularly. Applications should be made for specific posts.
1 Member states of the EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
2 Candidate countries: Countries with which accession negotiations have started are Turkey, Croatia and Iceland - please visit http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/countries/index_en.htm for updated information